Question 3 Town Hall Recordings
On September 26th, we hosted an event with Assembly District 12 Candidate Richard Fletcher. Held at the Hollywood Rec Center, the event was a Community Round Table Discussion about Question 3 – the Energy Choice Initiative. This ballot Question impacts every rate payer in the state and will have far reaching implications whether it passes or not. There are a lot of claims being made on both sides. We all need to better understand what is in front of us in order to cast a considered vote. To help all of us make an informed decision, we put together a panel featuring the Yes on 3 Campaign, the No on 3 Campaign and other experts including Assemblyman Chris Brooks, the main author of AB405 the bill that restored rooftop solar to NV – to answer these prepared questions as well as questions from the audience.
1) What does the Question actually do?
2) What the backers are trying to accomplish by changing the State Constitution?
3) Who is funding both sides of the debate?
4) What will this mean for the average residential rate payer’s bill?
5) How might it impact rooftop solar customers and other renewable development in the state of Nevada?
Audience Questions and Closing Statements: