In Nevada, your system will qualify for the federal tax credit. There are no other rebates or incentives currently available.
The federal tax credit for solar will help you pay for your system. If you work and pay taxes, even if you usually get a refund, you can use this federal tax credit.
- GET YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY BACK! This is the largest, non-income limited tax credit you can get.
- It is 30% of the cost of your system. On a $20,000 system that means $6,000 of your hard earned dollar go right back into YOUR POCKET!
- It’s not a deduction. Credits reduce how much you owe in taxes DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR, not how much money you pay taxes on. That usually means a MUCH BIGGER refund!
- You can carry over unused credit to future tax years, so you could take a multi-year holiday from taxes.
- If you lease the system, the federal tax credit and rebate go to the system owner – not you! Learn more about leasing here.